Marketing Metrics Made Simple
Ever been confused by the term marketing metrics? It covers gross rating points, media impressions, and many other established measurements – plus new kinds of measurements and software tools.
Many fine web sites – run by consultants, agencies, professional organizations and software companies – deliver great detail about many individual metrics. That's handy if you already know what you're looking for. But in my experience as a consultant and public speaker, I've often met marketers who wanted to see the big picture first. Do you feel that way?
If so, you'll find this site useful. It's an overview of measurement, including profitability (ROI) measurement. It's for entrepreneurs and small business owners as well as people in marketing, advertising, and public relations in medium and large companies.
Let me introduce myself. I'm Joe Roy, a marketing consultant with 48 years of experience. I've taught marketing metrics for 16 years. There's more on the "About" page, but right now let's get back to you.
For the moment, you want context more than detail. You want to understand everything in perspective. You want to feel confident that you know what's right for your marketing, advertising or public relations program. I will try to meet your needs, by talking about measurement in plain English and using simple math.
- Advertising Metrics
- Advertising Metrics: seven popular metrics used primarily in advertising, described and explained, with comments on strengths and weaknesses
- PR Metrics
- Four traditional PR Metrics and what they can and cannot do for you
- Measuring What They Thought
- What they thought, marketing metrics, marketing measurement
- Measuring What They Did
- Measuring What They Did: the actions your target audience took as a result of your communications
- Return on Investment
- A definition of Return on Investment (ROI) and how to calculate it
- Metrics Primer for Small Business
- Marketing Metrics Primer covers the basics of the basics. How to get started.
- Marketing Metrics Implementation
- Marketing metrics implementation: the first steps you should take
- Barriers to Accuracy
- Here are four major Barriers to Accuracy, described in plain English, for you to keep in mind when using marketing metrics
- Measure ROI and Boost Your Career
- If you measure ROI, you can boost your career in three ways
- Site Map
- This Site Map will help you find things easily on this web site
- How we protect your privacy when using personal information
- About Me
- About Me: a few words about my experience with marketing metrics
- Please email, telephone or write.